Complimentary to Kolene Products, but can stand on their own.
Kolene Corporation - Meeting Your Challenges
As leaders in the surface enhancement and cleaning technology industry, we are always striving to innovate. Our Research & Development team is constantly working on new processes and products to serve our customers.
If you have an idea or need that you did not find an answer to in our Applications for Industry sections, we welcome you to contact us.
Specialty Products and Processes
Kolene offers a variety of specialty formulations, products, and processes designed to assist industries with the challenges of reducing costs and improving quality, while responsibly handling environmental issues. Please see below for more information:
Chromium Waste Reduction
KoleneŽ 6-2-3 Reducing Agent™ quickly and efficiently converts Cr+6 to Cr+3.
Reducing water-borne emissions of hexavalent chromium is a top priority. In response to this need, Kolene Corporation, has developed 6-2-3, a single-step, fast-acting reducing agent.
KoleneŽ 6-2-3 Reducing Agent™ Benefits:
- Performs at alkaline pH levels - eliminates need for bidirectional pH adjustment
- Granular additions by manual or automatic feed
- Equally effective on plating waste streams and chromate rinses
- Ideal for low level chromium reduction
- Kolene designed equipment can optimize chemistry performance
Please contact us to obtain a sample of KoleneŽ 6-2-3 Reducing Agent™ or to arrange for a bench-scale test of your sample at our R&D facility in Detroit, Michigan.
Kolene Cleaning & Brightening Agents
KOLENEŽ KGC™ and KLC™ Cleaning/Descaling Solutions
For metals and alloys, including aluminum, copper, brasses, bronzes, stainless steels, precious and semi-precious metals, and many "exotic" alloys, KOLENEŽ KGC™ and KOLENEŽ KLC™ provide excellent non-corrosive cleaning and brightening properties.
KOLENEŽ ADR™ Heavy-Duty Chelated Alkaline Cleaner and Deruster
- Selectively removes light oxide film, rust, and scale
- No substantial effect to base metal
- A practical alternative to mineral acids
- Ability to remove light soils and oil films concurrently with surface scale/oxides
- Elimination of multiple cleaning stages
- Ideal post-treatment for heat treatment operations to provide luster or brightness
KOLENEŽ ADR™ is a chelated alkaline concentrated cleaner and deruster. It is used for the removal of soils, oil, and red rust from ferrous components. Due to its highly alkaline nature, it may also be used to etch and strip aluminum and other alkali-reactive metals.
KOLENEŽ ADR™ can be used for a number of metal cleaning applications, eliminating the need for multiple, specific purpose chemical solutions.
Some of the more common uses for KOLENEŽ ADR™ include:
By-Product Management with KOLENEŽ SMS™
- Removal of light oils and soils from ferrous components prior to heat treating operations
- Removal of red rust that results from service or storage conditions
- As a finesse treatment to selectively remove high valence oxides from heat treated components
- Improve surface oxide uniformity
- Color depth
- Overall cosmetic appeal
Kolene offers a comprehensive system for managing reaction by-products. KOLENEŽ SMS™ is a chemical treatment system that quickly and reliably adjusts pH, reduces sludge volume, and precipitates heavy metals. Easily interfaced with any KoleneŽ salt bath system, KOLENEŽ SMS™ is a workable cost-effective answer to long-term waste management.
KOLENEŽ SMS™ Process Benefits:
- Treats both rinse waters and sludge by-product
- Provides heavy metals treatment and removal where needed
- May reduce sludge volume requiring disposal
- Can produce a non-hazardous filter cake
- Treatment benefits for your total plant waste streams
As with all KoleneŽ systems, SMS™ treatment equipment and chemistry are custom-engineered to your specific application. Systems are designed to minimize space requirements and operate in semi-automatic or programmable modes. To learn more about our process and take a step toward lowering your operational costs and optimizing production efficiencies, contact us today.
No documents found